WE ARE OPEN
We are asking all patients and their parents (if the patient is a minor) to take their temperatures the day of your appointment prior to coming in. If there is a temperature greater than 100.0 we ask that you reschedule the appointment. We are all trying to do our part to keep everyone safe.
At Allergy & Asthma Associates, Inc. our patients and staff are our top priority during this COVID-19 pandemic. The doctors are now equipped to host VIRTUAL TELEMEDICINE APPOINTMENTS to allow patients access to medical care from their own home. If you are interested in scheduling a telemedicine appointment please call our office at (513) 793-6861 to determine if the patient is a candidate for this type of appointment.
The list of conditions we can see:
- Allergic rhinitis / conjunctivitis
- Non-allergic rhinitis
- Rashes (eczema, hives, itching, ect)
- Food allergy
- Stable asthma patients
- Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers (No Microsoft Explorer)
- Computer or tablet with a working webcam, speakers and microphone or a smartphone
- Reliable internet connection
- Flashlight or sit near a bright hanging light, floor/table lamp or near bright natural light. The lights should shine on your face.
- List of Current Medications
- Blood pressure cuff
You will be sent an email link: https://doxy.me/drjohneckman (or: https://doxy.me /drstevensutton https://doxy.me /drlawrencenewman to join my virtual waiting room at the time of your appointment.
**please take temperature, weight, pulse and blood pressure (if available) PRIOR to your telemedicine appointment time if possible. Thank you.**
What we are doing to combat COVID-19 (novel corona virus) and protect our patients and staff
- We screen patients to see if they have traveled to a high risk area (Asia, Europe, Iran, West Coast, New York, Boston, DC or Florida) in the last month. If they are high risk, we ask them to reschedule after being symptom free for 2 weeks.
- We screen patients for any sign or symptom of a cold (sore throat, fatigue, nasal congestion, sinus pressure, headache), fever, chills, body aches, cough or shortness of breath. If any of these symptoms are present we request the patient to reschedule after being symptom free for 2 weeks.
- We limit visits to the patient, his/her parents or anyone else who is legally or medically required to be present.
- Allergy shot patients over the age of 60 may call in from their car in the lot and we will get their shot ready. All allergy shot patients do not need to wait in the waiting area; they may wait 30 minutes in their car.
- We implement social distancing (6 feet radius) with our employees.
- We implement social distancing (6 feet radius) with our patients when possible.
- We sanitize the surfaces of the office, including door handles at the start of the day, throughout the day and at the end of the day
- We constantly monitor recommendations from the CDC and Ohio department of health
Please call with any questions or concerns, 513-793-6861
Flu Vaccine Still Available during normal shot hours and recommended for all patients.
2020 Holiday Hours
School and Camp Form Reminders
Product Recall Information
Effective 1/8/2020- Our office will be switching to a New Electronic Health Record System. You may be asked to provide insurance cards, photo ID and complete electronic documents to update your account. Thank you for your cooperation. We appreciate your patience!